Before Driving to WHUMC
- Pray for a spirit of cooperation, joy and patience for all involved.
- Make your reservation early. In order to ensure appropriate social distancing, we need to know how many people will be coming use the links found below, call the church office or use the email link provided from the church. Reserve well in advance. We will hold a few seats for unannounced visitors. If reservations are full, please call the church office for assistance.
- Assess your health. If you are ill or not feeling well, please stay home. Additionally, if you are a member of an ‘at risk’ group, please make your decision prayerfully and carefully. Please remember that we will continue to stream our services on the Internet. At least one service per week will be “live,” but will also be available for later viewing.
- Pack your mask. Don’t leave home without it. It is mandatory.
- BYOB – (Bring Your Own Beverage). There will be no snack or beverage table available, and our water fountains will not be functioning.
- BYOB — (Bring Your Own Bible). We are minimizing the use of shared materials, including Bibles. Although relevant scripture passages will be shown on the screen, you may want to bring your own Bible.
- Please use the restroom before arriving at the church. This will help keep our restrooms clean and safe.
After You Arrive at WHUMC
- Hand Sanitizer and other cleaning products will be available. WHUMC staff and volunteers will work diligently to disinfect surfaces as much as possible.
- Social distancing is expected. Family units (people who are actually living in the same residence) should stay together at all times and should sit together. Individuals and family units should stay at least six feet from other individuals and family units.
- Children will stay with their parents throughout the morning — there will be no nursery or Sunday School. (single-use activity bags will be available)
- Hospitality Team members will greet you and show you to your seats(ensuring social distancing). After the service, they will dismiss you ‘wedding style’ (from back to front).
- The offering will be taken via tables in the Welcome Area, rather than being passed from person to person during worship.
- Singing along will be discouraged given the greater risk of spreading the virus. We will certainly have music in some form, but active congregational singing will not be a focus of worship.
- Restrooms will be available but limited to two people at a time. Again, we recommend that you use the restroom at home before coming to worship.
- Click on link for which service you will attend
- Click on Green register button
- On General Admission line, indicate in the drop-down box number of attendees
- Click on Register
- Fill in all four fields: First name, Last name, email address, confirm email address
- Once that info is entered, please click on Register to complete your order
What do we mean when we say “Joyfully Helping God Heal Broken Lives?”
At WHUMC we are “Joyfully Helping God Heal Broken Lives.” We do so in many different ways, so this phrase means different things to different people. However, we’ve found that most of the things that we’re passionate about can be summarized in these six words. Click here to read more.